The Strohbehn Educational Fund was established by the Bob Lewis and Edie Sanders to honor the memory of Bob’s grandparents who were active at Edwards Congregational United Church of Christ during their lifetimes. The scholarships are open to women seeking to further their education and work skills, or anyone else wanting further education after high school, whether in a college or university, two -year degree or trade school or other professional certification.
Applicants for this scholarship are asked to:
- Submit official transcripts of all previous academic work.
- Submit three references.
- Submit a written letter of application, which will answer the following:
- What events have shaped your life most profoundly?
- What book or books have been most important in your life? What are your educational goals?
- Submit a written statement outlining the family’s financial need in general terms.
All materials must be submitted to the Pastor Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Moderator, Dave Reinders at email@example.com.
Adult students who are returning to school will be given first priority.
The Church Council will interview the finalists and make the awards. Any family member of an applicant who is currently serving on the Council will be asked to excuse themselves from the deliberations and the decision-making.
Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the institution, and can be used only for tuition and fees.